Handy Moving Hints Gold Coast Removalists
Our Gold Coast Removalists have listed some simple and time saving tips to help you on your removal day. This includes the best way to prepare and help on the day of the move, and also what to look for in a removal company.
- What to Pack: Pack everything that will actually fit into a removal box. By doing this, your removalist will be able to load the truck much faster and there is much less chance will get damaged.
- Removal Boxes: Even though recycled boxes from your local supermarket is a great way to save money, it can actually end up costing you more money in the long run. This is because loading a truck full of small and different sized boxes can be very time consuming, especially if your property has difficult access. It is for this reason that we encourage our customers to use professional removal boxes.
- Organising: If possible, group all your boxes and easy to carry items in one spot out of the way, but within easy access to your front door. This is particularly time saving if you have items up stairs or a long distance from the entrance of your house.
- Self Move: If you feel up to it, you can assist your local gold coast removalists with lighter items you know you can safely lift. Those time consuming trips from the house to the truck can really add up in time and therefore money.
- Disassembling: Disassemble all beds, furniture trampolines and swing sets that need doing before your removalist arrives. This can easily be one of the most time consuming activities for the removalist.
- White Goods: Prepare an esky with some ice in it and pack your fridge/freezer contents just before your fridge gets loaded onto the truck. If you have a front loading washing machine, check to see if it came with a stabilising rode to prevent movement of the barrel when in transit.
- Electrical Goods: The best way to protect your electrical goods such as your TV and computer is to transport it it it’s original packaging. Any electrical goods that can fit in a box should be packed in one to provide best protection. Any goods that don’t fit in a box will be wrapped in securely in packing blankets.
- Light Coloured Furniture: Even with light coloured furniture our removalists are so careful there shouldn’t be any marks on it at the end of the move. To give your white couch extra protection we suggest the use of a lounge cover.
- Fragile Furniture: Highly polished or antique furniture may require additional protection in addition to a removal blanket. An effective way to do this is to wrap this furniture in a layer of bubble wrap, and if even more protection is required layer of corrugated cardboard can also be applied.
By doing these few simple things you can look forward to a very time efficient removal!